EAEA GRUNDTVIG AWARD 2015. Living Healthy through Generations (Light.gen) project aims to provide families, especially older generation, with knowledge and practical competencies in the field of dietetics, healthy nutrition and an active lifestyle.
The article series spreads good practices by introducing the nominees of the EAEA Grundtvig Award.
Light.gen project (2013–2015) presents different variations of balanced diets and introduces simple sport activities to its target group. The project seeks to provide information on the importance of being physically active and eating healthy. The project was one of the nominees of the EAEA Grundtvig Award 2015 and competed in the European category.
Holistic approach through a survey
In the context of the project a research covering seven countries was conducted. The results offered great insight on people’s lives and health around Europe, as well as their cultures, diets and exercise plans.
This enabled the project partners to take a more holistic approach to meet the needs of participants, and to incorporate healthy eating and physical exercise workshops into the training programmes.
Recommendations and suggestions based on the findings of the project are prepared.
WOMEN'STEC, Niamh Muldoon
- Wyższa Szkoła Biznesu i Nauk o Zdrowiu – Poland
- Associazione „L’Albero della Conoscenya – Onlus” – Italy
- Andalusian Healt Service – Spain
- IntEMA-International Education and Management Association – Romania
- Akdeniz Universitesi Iletisim Arastirmlari Ve Uygulama Merkeyi – Turkey
- Portuguese Association of Occupational Health and Safety at Work for Development and International C. – Portugal
- School of Education Studies, Dublin City University – Ireland
Every year, EAEA hands out the EAEA Grundtvig Award to successful projects in adult education. In 2015, three projects were awarded with a prize: an international, a European and a national initiative. The theme of this year’s award was Adult Education and Health.