Webinar about Digidel - a Swedish campaign to increase digital inclusion
Is digital skills a precondition for digital and democratic participation in a modern society? How can we motivate large groups of people to learn digital competences? In 2011 Sweden initiated the massive campaign Digidel to meet the challenge of the expanding digital divide. In this webinar you can learn about what they did - and about their inspiring results. Christine Cars-Ingels was the office secretary of Digidel, will present the experiences of the campaign and the statistics of Internet use in Sweden.
The campaign Digidel, formed by a network of study associations, libraries, companies and authorities, had the objective to guide and inspire 500 000 individuals to go online before the end of 2013. When the campaign was launched in 2011, 1,5 million Swedes over the age of 12 did not use the Internet. The network Digidel expanded all over Sweden during the years of the campaign as new participants joined with their own activities to contribute to the overall goal.
- The webinar lasts for one hour. All you need is a computer with internet access and a headset.
- Participation is FREE of charge.
- One or two days before the webinar, we will send the link to the meeting room to all registered participants.
- Want to know more about how a webinar works? Read here:
- Please register your participation here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/digidel