Under the Icelandic Presidency the Nordic Council of Ministers and the Nordic network for Adult Learning invites you to a
Conference in Reykjavik June 10th and 11th 2014:
Nordic bridges in lifelong learning
A warm welcome to Reykjavik and the Nordic bridges for lifelong learning Conference, held on the occasion of Iceland's Presidency of the Nordic Council of Ministers. We are looking forward to two exciting days with over 220 participants and a remarkably interesting program.
Below you will find some practical information:
- A detailed program of the Conference can be found at http://www.nvl.org/program.
- If you would like a printed version, we ask you to print it out and bring it with you. Only a short version of the program will be provided, together with your name tag.
- In connection with the study visits on the morning of June 10th we have arranged a shuttle service from Hotel Natura at 09:15 am, from Harpa at 09:30 am (for those who live in hotels in Reykjavik city centre) and from the Grand Hotel at 09:30 to the locations where the study visits are taking place and back to Harpa in time for registration.
- The Conference program in Harpa will start at 11:30 am with registration and light lunch. The opening of the Conference will take place in the Silfurberg Conference Hall at 12:30pm on June 10th.
- We kindly ask participants to choose which workshop for the Biophilia method they would like to attend, prior to departing for Reykjavik (see attachment). We also encourage everyone to familiarize themselves with the Biophilia app, which can be purchased in Apple’s AppStore or on Google Play. We encourage participants to bring their tablet, smartphone or PC in order to participate in the discussion with key-notes, get access to conference information and to get the most out of the Biophilia workshops.
- We encourage participants to contribute to the documentation of the Conference on social media! Use #nordiskebroer on Facebook, twitter and Instagram. Maybe get your message included in our Storify-report!
- We also ask participants to familiarize themselves with the background information for the parallel sessions on June 11th at 10:30-12:30 use links in the detailed program. You register your choice upon arrival at Harpa.
- Speed dating will take place in Harpa just after the Biophilia workshops - participation is free of charge. Those who prefer to visit cafés/restaurants in the Centre of Reykjavik with an Icelandic guide will pay for their own refreshments.
- After the program finishes on the first day there will be a shuttle between Harpa and the Natura and Grand Hotels departing at 18:20 and a second one for those who are staying at hotels in the centre of town at 19:15 directly to the Grand Hotel. Dinner is served at 19:30, and is included in the Conference program, but participants pay for alcoholic beverages.
- The bus to Harpa on June 11thdeparts from the Grand Hotel and Hotel Natura at 08:30. After the Conference closes, the bus leaves from Harpa at 15:20 to both hotels.
- For information about the Flybus and for some additional practical information see HERE
- Internet access in Harpa, user name: Conference1 and password: Silfurberg1
- Conference key-note presentations will be streamed live.
- Recordings will also be available on www.nvl.org after the Conference.
- We ask participants with colleagues who are unable to come to Reykjavik, but who are interested in following the Conference, to forward this information. We kindly ask those who wish to attend via streaming to register HERE. All further information will be sent out to registered participants prior to the conference.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further information. Looking forward to meeting you in Harpa!
Sigrun Kristin firstname.lastname@example.org or Albert Einarsson email@example.com